Cost Per Action/Acquisition (CPA Marketing)
CPA Marketing is an internet marketing system where an advertiser pays for a specific action taken by a potential customer usually email optin, phone number optin or product purchase.
Simply put, the advertiser pays you for the action taken by your traffic.
How to start CPA
CPA requires some proper knowledge before you can start. You need to understand how to select offers and create landing pages for your offers.
You will also need to learn promotion techniques and adverts strategies for your CPA Marketing offers.
What you need for CPA Marketing
To run CPA Marketing offers, you need to learn how to do CPA Marketing properly.
- Download Tutorials or ebooks on CPA Marketing
If you stumble on CPA courses designed for the pros, you may get discouraged by the technicalities you read about and big grammars and jargons that may come with it.
As a beginner, you should sear for CPA tutorials with similar titles to these “Newbies Guide to Mastering the Secrets of CPA Marketing,” “Newbie 411: The Official CPA Marketing Beginners Guide” and “CPA Marketing Simplified.”
If you get beginner guides, you will learn the rope and then grow to advanced levels of CPA Marketing.
Some of these Tutorials and courses are FREE for download while others may be paid.
- Study and Practice
While you study your new course on CPA Marketing, try to learn on understand the strategies employed by the writer or presenter.
Gain a general overview of the companies and advertisers network, the landing page built for offers and the traffic sources and promotion strategies.
Essentially, you will be creating traffic (flow of visitors to your landing page or website), then they get redirected to the advertiser’s website.
If the traffic (visitors) take required action(s) (fill a form, purchase a product or opt in to the offer displayed) on the offer page, you earn a commission for their action(s).
Commissions vary from advertiser to advertiser and from offer to offer. It could be anywhere between $1 to $15 per action and as high as $22 to $50 for exclusive and premium offers.
Steps to earn from CPA Marketing
There are only a few steps to starting and earning from CPA Marketing. These steps include:
- Setting up a website
- Finding Networks and offers to promote
- Posting your offers
- Driving traffic to your offer page
- Tracking and Cashing out your commission
- Setting up a website
Many CPA Marketers and affiliates start their journey by creating a website or a blog. On this blog, they post related articles and stories to promote their CPA affiliate links.
You need to follow these steps while creating your website
- Choose a Niche: A niche refers to a specific topic, subject or category you blog about. Blogging becomes easier when you blog according to your passion.
- Choose a domain name: A domain name is your website link. Just like example.com. Choosing a short and memorable name is better.
- Purchase a domain name and hosting from a reputable registrar. Good examples of reputable registrars are Godaddy and Namecheap.
- Create your website: If you are a bit techie, creating a basic website should be a heavy task. Perhaps, you do not have sufficient knowledge on website creation, you can employ the services of developers like me here or from freelancers with reputation and skills.
- Create your first posts: Write on your niche and passion. There are various niches to choose from. Niches like sport, real estate, dating, and software reviews will do well.
- Select and post your CPA offers: You can create fresh posts with links, embed your links in your previous post or create landing pages for your offers.
- Run adverts and promote your offers: Without traffic, your offers are near dead and unproductive. You need quality and TARGETED traffic from reputable sources. These traffic are potential customers and some of them turn to customers or leads. Check here for my post on How to run cheap Facebook Ads
- Track your earnings: You need to regularly check your earnings and compare them to your Ad cost. This helps you to know which offers convert well for you and give you insight on what offer to promote more and what Ads are unproductive.
How to cash out on CPA Marketing Commission?
Now you have created an offer and the offer is generating income for you in the form of commissions. You need to cash so you can have sufficient funds for your adverts, pay other bills and go on vacations.
Most CPA advertisers pay via PayPal, Bank Wire, and Payoneer.
Hope you have learned a thing or two from this post. In my future posts, I will write on Advanced CPA Marketing for the Pro you can subscribe to my blog so you don’t miss out.
Please share this post, like and write a comment in the comment box.
Digital Marketing Consultant
Founder and M/D at Networld Communications and Co-Founder at Right Geek Services.
Runs Seminar, Webinar, and Mentoring Programs.
Want to interact with me? Use any of the links below.